Saturday, January 11, 2014

Wishes And Blessings

     How many times have we all wished for something ordinary.
"I wish the dishes were done before I get home. "  Or "I wish for a bit of quiet" .  Now,  remember how great it was, when it actually happened ? The utter bliss if sinking into that steamy bubble bath, your favorite music and no one home to interrupt.

That is me this morning.

    As many of you know,  my cough keeps me awake both day and night so naps are rarely achieved with rest.  Couple that with 4 pillows in a vain effort to NOT cough, and deep, refreshing sleep is elusive.  Having a desire to sleep on your back is One thing,  being forced to is another.  Attempting to sleep sitting straight up one invariably awakens with the malady "tingly butt".

Among my simple wishes , topping the list are:
1.  A refreshing nights sleep with no cough.
2. The utter bliss of sleeping with one pillow.

I have many simple wishes,  but sleep has to top the list.  Sleep refreshes us in mind, body and spirit.

Last night for the first time in a few years, my 2 simple wishes came true!  Three pillows on the floor and my head on only one. And *insert drum roll* no cough ! I know it will rear its ugly self after I drink my coffee,  but I intend to wallow in my good fortune for as long as possible.  Oh! And I forgot the best part!  I got up at 5AM, went back to bed and unbelievably went back to sleep until 7A.M. this is amazing in my life.

I know this burst of energy will dissipate as the morning moves on, but it's so nice to wake up feeling rested and ready to tackle the world.   Finally... :-)


Have a refreshed day and don't take your simple pleasures for granted.   ♥

1 comment:

  1. this is such a miracle ,,,so glad for you dear friend <3 ya !!!

    ReplyDelete