Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Insulin results

Sorry no post yesterday, Hubby surprised me with a trip to the beach. Motor home, boys and me all on the road for a day.The beach at Nokomis was beautiful. A sunny 87 degrees and a beautiful Gulf breeze.
My blood sugar has been doing great in my experiment. The first day it was kinda wonky ( a  new word of mine) but still in range. As of yesterday it started to level off and stay where I wanted it :80-90 range.
   Now I actually feel hungry as the insulin starts lowering the blood sugar. My weight has started to decrease as well... YAY!! I'm able to eat the type of foods I like and keep my blood sugar in range.   I'm a healthy eater, love fish, chicken, veggies and fruit so this also helps keep everything ok. 
   We went out last Friday night for fish and Larry wanted to share a platter. I should  have known better. It was a fried platter and I even commented that it had too much batter and not enough seafood. This should have been my first clue. Three hours later my blood sugar reading at bedtime was a whopping 175!  This did not sit well with me. I decided there and then that I would take back control.

      Along with the diet, I've incorporated more exercise. I now walk more in the morning as well as the evening. Our days are less humid and we're now getting the Gulf trade winds so walking is enjoyable instead of a chore. My lil guy DB loves it too. He's a big concern with the heart problem, so he's getting his heart walks too. This along with writing down my calories/fat content at each meal and a final tally for the day help me understand just where I need to tighten the belt so to speak.

  I still have the pain in my left side, hopeful it's fractured ribs and not something more serious and today my right ankle is extremely painful.  I've said many times I live with some sort of pain each day, now I guess it'll be a few pains each day. Still walked, still did laundry and cooking. If I'm going to be in pain, I intend to have a darn good reason for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment