Saturday, September 26, 2009

Silence is golden

I realized this morning I've been lax on my updates.
I plan to change this now. I try to remind myself to sit down and make an entry each day, but get so busy.
First off, our computer is slower than cold molasses running uphill in January! A wonderful phrase my Mom used to say to me on school mornings.. Wow, how we become our parents over time.
Silence from a recipient or a candidate can mean one of two things. They are doing great, or they are doing terribly. One always wonders if they should call and find out, but human nature hates bad news. I've heard this many times over my lifetime. Take it from me, JUST CALL. Many times, especially with lung problems, it's easier to answer a phone call than to try and make one.
Physchologically it seems so energy consuming when you can't breathe. Plus the positive side is it will make that persons day.

My mom used to answer all my calls and if I could talk I would, if not well she is the bestest secretary in the universe. Nobody gets past Mom.

My last few weeks have been busier than usual. Clinic visits... Yeah good news... Now if I can keep it that way. I finally had students sign up for classes, and have been preparing for them and ordering suplies. Trying desperately to get my blood sugar under control.

Yes I am a diabetic. Mainly caused by Prednisone and Prograf. But I have to take the meds so I deal with the diabetes. I am a control freak about my blood sugar. This is one area of my health I can control and not have to leave in the hands of others. Being a recipient there are many facets of our health we cannot control, so when there is something I can control: I prefer to. My cholesterol is another are I can take control of.

Will post more soon. If you're a candidate waiting for a transplant- hang in there -it really does get better.
If your a recipient- get out there and enjoy the chance you've been given!

No comments:

Post a Comment