Monday, April 26, 2021

The Saga of The Scented Roll.

 We well remember the toilet paper shortage of 2020 right ?  Out of habit, I still check that aisle when grocery shopping. 

This trip, I find it's on sale ! No matter how much you have at home,  you never turn down a sale on toilet paper. Being so busy comparing ply and sheets per roll, I neglected to see those big words, dead center on the front.

Lilac. Scented. Tube. With. Vanilla.



While restocking, I ripped open the top and was assaulted by the strong cloying scent. I grabbed the plastic cover and to my dismay finally read the front. Oh well, if it's just the tube, that should dissipate quickly right ? Let me tell you.... that bathroom scented the entire house for days!

One afternoon while chatting with Mother Nature in the facilities I started a sneeze fest. I realized it was the scent. The sneezing turned into coughing which caused my sinuses to break free and run faster than Forrest Gump.  

Unable to get to kleenex fast enough, I grabbed the closest tissue. OH NO, not the Lilac tp!

Yep... the cloying scented Lilac tp. 

I now had a nose full of that smell.  Since certain scents literally take my breath away, I threw the paper down. I flushed my face with water trying to rid myself of the smell, gasping for breath.  It was all over me. 

So much for only being the tube.

I bet quilted Northern didn't think a consumer would have this type of reaction.

Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment