Thursday, April 14, 2011

Insulin -Day One

So yesterday I chose to not take any insulin and work on modifying my eating and exercise habits.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that my blood sugar readings were within range except at bedtime. This is where I'd had some yogurt as a snack so the reading was what it would have been on insulin too.
This morning I wasn't in the 70's to low 80's but at 92.  Lunch was 101..  so I'm attempting day 2 now.

I have developed a slight headache which I'm not sure is related or not. I may start taking the insulin again depending on how my numbers look. I've also ramped up my exercise program and water consumption. Both of which will benefit me in the long run.

Please understand this is not something that you should undertake because it's currently working for me. I have merely gone back to the severe controls that used to work for me before and gave up all the food I started eating and shouldn't have.

Should my blood sugar readings rise...I will be first in line for that shot. For the moment it's nice to have hunger pangs and not insulin entering my blood stream to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment