Thursday, January 7, 2010

What Organ donation means to me

OK, so here I go.


After long thought, this is what organ donation means to me.

1.It means no more oxygen (at least for awhile)

2.No more meandering just to breathe, I CAN walk at a decent pace, and most of the time faster than others!

3. No more blue fingers, lips, or under my eyes.

4. No more Procrit shots weekly.

5. No more food lists.

6. I can have potassium & phosphorus in my foods now. (They're good for me again.)

7. Bright sunny days NO matter what the weather.

8. Helping inspire others facing the same health issues.

9. Walk my 4-legged boys twice a day.

10. Enjoy summertime, beaches, picnics,etc without struggling to breathe.

11. Wash my face. (those who know me, know why)

12. If I take a 2 hour shower it's because I want to, not because it takes that long trying to breathe to finish.

13. Celebrate another Christmas in Key West.

14. Spread the word about the importance of making sure everyone gets another chance like me.

15. No more swollen ankles

16. No more compression hose!

17. No more wheelchair !!!!!

18. No nebulizer.

19. Fantastic blood pressure.

20. Life, love, enthusiasm ,dreams, goals.

21. The undeniable proof that there are strangers in our lives who become our saving angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment