Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Finally News I can Smile About !

As I mentioned in a previous blog post, I've been bleeding internally since 2013, in 2014 we found it was from my right lung. Yeah the bad one from my 1st transplant 24 years ago..
I guess after all this time, it has a right to protest the captivity :)

While my transplant team also sent me home in 2014 with the statement, there's really nothing more we can do, and I accepted it to a degree, I also decided this was my fight.  That being said after 3 long years of becoming thoroughly exhausted from that long 3.5 hour one way drive to Shands and waking at 2AM to do the drive......  My PFTs  have risen !!!  My lung function is better, not where I'd love it to be,but better. We lungers will happily take any good news we can get..I watched as  my lung function has steadily declined over the past years but three months ago it stabilized...   Insert brief hope here :)

This visit they are up a bit ! I'm feeling better, not where I would like to be , but enough to get housework, yard work, etc done at my own pace without massive fatigue and continual naps.
Ozzi may not be happy with me skipping an afternoon nap here and there, but I will certainly  make it up to him somehow.

I have stopped all nebulizers. The excruciating ear pain causing the worst case scenario of vertigo imaginable brought on that decision.  It will also save me close to $400 a month. I know I will go back on it sometime soon,, just not now. I also recognize that the summer months June, July & August are my "magical" months.. You know, the ones where I end up in the hospital and have to claw my way out. I am preparing for those months, and this year am determined they will be my friend- no hospital.After all, what is 3 measley months out of 12 anyway?

We transplant patients don't "bounce back" like healthy folks, mine took 3 years..

All my other issues are still with me, but this I had to shout. I have worked hard for this glimmer and I intend to celebrate !

Oh, and the best yet ! Kidney and Lung Transplant told me, they didn't know what I was doing- just KEEP DOING IT ...


Be someone's Miracle- Become and Organ and Tissue Donor

2 comments:

  1. No hospital months for you this summer! Keep doing the 'whatever' and stay healthy ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay healthy-no hospital visits for you this summer! Just keep doing whatever it is that is keeping you healthy now. We need to continue to be blessed with your words of wisdom on a daily basis 😄

    ReplyDelete